OneStop: Our Automated Review Technology
As part of our Integrated Decision Approach, we have changed the way companies apply to the AER. OneStop, our application review technology, dramatically reduces application processing timelines and wait times for companies while improving regulatory oversight.
When an operator submits an application into OneStop, the technology uses a complex set of rules to determine the necessary level of review. Lower risk applications (or components of an application) can be approved automatically through OneStop within minutes, as they’re considered routine with no impact on people or the environment. All other applications (or components of an application) are redirected to technical experts for additional review.
- applications for reclamation certificates,
- new and amendment applications under the Water Act, and the Public Lands Act;
- new and amendment applications for well and pipeline licences under Directive 056;
- integrated applications for major projects; and
- area-based closure activities