AER staff live and work in communities across Alberta, from Medicine Hat in the south to High Level in the north and communities in between. We are connected to our neighbourhoods, know our neighbours, and understand local issues. We work hard to respond to the many questions and concerns that come with the complex and technical work of developing our energy resources.
We are proud to call Alberta home and passionate about protecting it. Alberta’s energy industry is deeply rooted in our history and culture; every day, our 1200 staff across the province make sure oil and gas companies continue to do their work responsibly by
- making sure companies are complying with requirements;
- listening and responding to questions, concerns, and complaints;
- providing mediation and dispute resolution support;
- responding quickly to incidents and emergencies; and
- participating in community meetings and discussions with Albertans, indigenous communities, industry, and other stakeholders.
Although some of our work is routine, much of it is as unique as each community in Alberta.
Contact our Customer Contact Centre with questions or concerns about energy development in your area.
Visit our Events page to see when we’re headed your way next.