Currently, there are no estimated processing times for this application.
Purpose of the Application
We review formal disposition renewal and amendment applications alongside Alberta Environment and Parks under the Public Lands Act.
Disposition holders can apply to renew approved dispositions under section 18 of the provincial Public Lands Administration Regulation (PLAR). Under section 18, a renewal application may be submitted after at least half of the term of the disposition has passed, but no later than one year before the expiry of the term.
Submit an Application
Companies must submit their applications to renew a disposition through OneStop. In order to renew a disposition,
- the disposition must have no changes,
- the disposition must have a plan on file with the AER that meets the final plan requirements set out in PLAR Table A2, and
- the site covered by the disposition must have been entered (i.e., site entry notification has occurred).
If these criteria cannot be met, companies must submit an application to amend the disposition. The amendment process is used for any dispositions that have changed since the last approval was issued. All documentation that relates to an amendment must be submitted with the application. The amendment must be completed prior to applying for a renewal.
- We share all applications on our <Public Notice of Application page to encourage public participation in the approval process.
- Anyone who believes that they may be directly and adversely affected by an application can file a statement of concern (SOC). If we receive an SOC, it may take us longer to process the application.
- Applications will undergo spatial analysis, and will be processed against OneStop validations and existing business rules to determine if the application requires additional review. If an application triggers additional review it will be assigned to an AER subject matter expert for technical review.
- We may request additional information (through a supplemental information request) to complete our technical review. This could include a request for a statutory declaration.
- We will decide to approve, close, or deny the application. Any decision on an application can be appealed by the applicant through our appeal process.
If we close or deny the application, the applicant may reapply after addressing the issues that led to the closure or denial.
- We will share our decision on our Publication of Decision page.